Thank you so much for visiting!
As an artist in both photography and painting, as well as a catechist, I hope to share on these pages all things beautiful that inspire.
For the Love of Beauty is inspired by St. Augustine's reference to God as 'Beauty' in his Confessions (X, 27) when he writes, "Late have I loved Thee, O Beauty, so ancient and so new."
His name for God is both poetic and revealing. Beauty has been defined, since ancient times, as that which is perfectly ordered or that which is as it should be. Both definitions reflect a profound truth about God: that He is perfection, and His perfection is beautiful.
It is for the love of God, and for the restoration of all His creation to His own beautiful perfection, that I pursue my mission: To create images and share the Catholic Faith using only techniques and content that reflect His Truth, Goodness and Beauty.
I currently work for myself as a Catholic wedding, portrait and event photographer in the DC/MD/VA areas. My intention is to use this blog to not only share some of my photography and photo tips, but to also share other images and ideas from the broader world of art that inspire me and help shape my work. I love using art to teach from and pray with, so I’ll look forward to sharing from time to time some of my favorite paintings that are rich in contemplative beauty.
An overview of my professional background:
• Photographer: Weddings, Portraits, Events, Fine Art
• Artist: Exhibit and Work on Commission
• International Speaker and Catechist Trainer at Schools, Parish and Diocesan venues, Conferences and on EWTN's Life on the Rock
• Consultant: Art, Catechetics and Conference Planning
• High School Teacher of Religion
• Director of Religious Education
• Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
• Youth Ministry
• Write and Evaluate Religious Education Materials
• M.A. Theology and Christian Ministry with a Specialization and Certification in Catechetics, Franciscan University of Steubenville, 1997. Ohio, USA.
• Dip. Ed. Sec. (Graduate Diploma in Education, Secondary: Grades 7-12), Australian Catholic University, 1992. Melbourne, Australia.
• B.A. Fine Arts (Photography), Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, 1991. Melbourne, Australia.
• Additional Studies in Art, Washington Studio School, DC (1998); Instituto Michelangelo (2000) and Angel Academy of Art (2002), both in Florence, Italy.
• Additional Studies in Theology, Catholic Theological College, (1993-94). Melbourne, Australia
For for etiquette on how to interact with my blog click here.
Thanks again for stopping by!
-Renata Grzan Wieczorek
Weddings & Portraits
These are great, on-location shots! Very story-book feel to them. Very cool.
These are absolutely beautiful!
Very cute!! Some great shots. Thanks for sharing!
These are great pics!
I love these! You guys are a wonderful couple!
Beautiful pics, Renata, Julia and Michael. It was good seeing you recently, Julia, and meeting you, Michael. Sugar says hello, too.
Renata, beautiful work!! You’ve got a gift! 🙂 Everybody loves the pictures, Michael and me included. Thank you for sharing!
stunning! beautiful! Renata, you captured Michael’s and Julia’s personalities, and their love for each other in every shot! these are wonderful photos.
my two faves are dancing on the tracks and walking past the window; I love them all!
that first photo of only their legs is very cool, and the introduction is very charming!!
Beautiful pics. You can see their love shinning through. I too love the dancing photos, you can tell they love to dance. The pics of just their daning legs is super cool. Also really like the photo of them walking past the window. Actually, I like them all, those are just a few of my favorites. Here’s to the happy couple. Much love and God’s blessings. 🙂
Julia- you look so beautiful and happy….makes my heart smile!