Thank you so much for visiting!
As an artist in both photography and painting, as well as a catechist, I hope to share on these pages all things beautiful that inspire.
For the Love of Beauty is inspired by St. Augustine's reference to God as 'Beauty' in his Confessions (X, 27) when he writes, "Late have I loved Thee, O Beauty, so ancient and so new."
His name for God is both poetic and revealing. Beauty has been defined, since ancient times, as that which is perfectly ordered or that which is as it should be. Both definitions reflect a profound truth about God: that He is perfection, and His perfection is beautiful.
It is for the love of God, and for the restoration of all His creation to His own beautiful perfection, that I pursue my mission: To create images and share the Catholic Faith using only techniques and content that reflect His Truth, Goodness and Beauty.
I currently work for myself as a Catholic wedding, portrait and event photographer in the DC/MD/VA areas. My intention is to use this blog to not only share some of my photography and photo tips, but to also share other images and ideas from the broader world of art that inspire me and help shape my work. I love using art to teach from and pray with, so I’ll look forward to sharing from time to time some of my favorite paintings that are rich in contemplative beauty.
An overview of my professional background:
• Photographer: Weddings, Portraits, Events, Fine Art
• Artist: Exhibit and Work on Commission
• International Speaker and Catechist Trainer at Schools, Parish and Diocesan venues, Conferences and on EWTN's Life on the Rock
• Consultant: Art, Catechetics and Conference Planning
• High School Teacher of Religion
• Director of Religious Education
• Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
• Youth Ministry
• Write and Evaluate Religious Education Materials
• M.A. Theology and Christian Ministry with a Specialization and Certification in Catechetics, Franciscan University of Steubenville, 1997. Ohio, USA.
• Dip. Ed. Sec. (Graduate Diploma in Education, Secondary: Grades 7-12), Australian Catholic University, 1992. Melbourne, Australia.
• B.A. Fine Arts (Photography), Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, 1991. Melbourne, Australia.
• Additional Studies in Art, Washington Studio School, DC (1998); Instituto Michelangelo (2000) and Angel Academy of Art (2002), both in Florence, Italy.
• Additional Studies in Theology, Catholic Theological College, (1993-94). Melbourne, Australia
For for etiquette on how to interact with my blog click here.
Thanks again for stopping by!
-Renata Grzan Wieczorek
Weddings & Portraits
Congrats, Renata! It’s been great fun being a part of your blog, and I’m learning a lot. Looking forward to what you have in store for the next six months!
Yay, happy mini anniversary! Your blog is great and I look forward to learning more in the days to come. And winning more contests 🙂
Congratulations, Renata! Your blog is so fun to read and very informative. Even though I don’t usually comment, I follow your blog with great pleasure! I’m also one of the many “Margaret Series” fans. ( Hi Margaret :)) Keep up the good work!
I am constantly amazed at the quality of images you take and post here! Congratulations on a super six months of creativity! Also, regarding the “Margaret Series,” perhaps in a future episode I could be an out-of-work Brooks Brothers model who hangs out in the park and accidently bumps into Margaret, an Ann Taylor model with a cryptic background. Just an idea!
Happy half year anniversary younger older sister!!!!!!
P.S. Did you make that perfect cupcake and if so, can I put an order in for a dozen? :>
Thanks everyone for the well wishes! How fun! It’s been so hectic lately that I almost forgot that 6 months had already past! But I had to mark the event with a mini post and a mini cupcake that (@Dave) I swung by the store to pick up on my way home. Don’t know that I ever actually made a cupcake!
Well done. Your photos really are beautiful and your writing’s not bad either. May you have even greater success on your future anniversaries.