Thank you so much for visiting!
As an artist in both photography and painting, as well as a catechist, I hope to share on these pages all things beautiful that inspire.
For the Love of Beauty is inspired by St. Augustine's reference to God as 'Beauty' in his Confessions (X, 27) when he writes, "Late have I loved Thee, O Beauty, so ancient and so new."
His name for God is both poetic and revealing. Beauty has been defined, since ancient times, as that which is perfectly ordered or that which is as it should be. Both definitions reflect a profound truth about God: that He is perfection, and His perfection is beautiful.
It is for the love of God, and for the restoration of all His creation to His own beautiful perfection, that I pursue my mission: To create images and share the Catholic Faith using only techniques and content that reflect His Truth, Goodness and Beauty.
I currently work for myself as a Catholic wedding, portrait and event photographer in the DC/MD/VA areas. My intention is to use this blog to not only share some of my photography and photo tips, but to also share other images and ideas from the broader world of art that inspire me and help shape my work. I love using art to teach from and pray with, so I’ll look forward to sharing from time to time some of my favorite paintings that are rich in contemplative beauty.
An overview of my professional background:
• Photographer: Weddings, Portraits, Events, Fine Art
• Artist: Exhibit and Work on Commission
• International Speaker and Catechist Trainer at Schools, Parish and Diocesan venues, Conferences and on EWTN's Life on the Rock
• Consultant: Art, Catechetics and Conference Planning
• High School Teacher of Religion
• Director of Religious Education
• Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
• Youth Ministry
• Write and Evaluate Religious Education Materials
• M.A. Theology and Christian Ministry with a Specialization and Certification in Catechetics, Franciscan University of Steubenville, 1997. Ohio, USA.
• Dip. Ed. Sec. (Graduate Diploma in Education, Secondary: Grades 7-12), Australian Catholic University, 1992. Melbourne, Australia.
• B.A. Fine Arts (Photography), Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, 1991. Melbourne, Australia.
• Additional Studies in Art, Washington Studio School, DC (1998); Instituto Michelangelo (2000) and Angel Academy of Art (2002), both in Florence, Italy.
• Additional Studies in Theology, Catholic Theological College, (1993-94). Melbourne, Australia
For for etiquette on how to interact with my blog click here.
Thanks again for stopping by!
-Renata Grzan Wieczorek
Weddings & Portraits
Lovely as always, Renata!
yay! clap, clap – beautiful! Congrats to the happy couple!
Renata – you are so good! I do know know the couple but, as always, you’ve caputured their spirit and personalities so much I feel like I do!
Renata – these are AMAZING!! I laughed, I teared up, I smiled looking at them! They make the day come alive all over again. Wow. Just wow. Thank you so much!
I’m so glad you all love them – especially you, Bethany! That is exactly my goal -to bring back the joyful thoughts, feelings, images… of the day you started your sacramental marriage. It’s so deeply satisfying for me to hear your reaction, since I hope these images, and your album, will always be a beautiful reminder of the graces poured out on you that day and everyday of your married lives! Much happiness to you both!
Every one of these pictures is amazing and tells part of the wedding story! Incedible…well done, Renata!
Amazing work, Renata. Just amazing. Your pictures are always great, but these ones – WOW! I love that you can tell, just by looking at a few of them, how totally in love they are. The close-up of the groom kissing his bride’s hand really touched me… it’s beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us!! Congratulations to Daniel and Bethany, and may God bless them abundantly!
Thank you so much, Jacinthe, for your comments! They mean a lot! I’m so glad you enjoyed them!
Renata, my heart can’t thank you enough, but I will try anyways: Thank you for beautifully capturing the most important day of my life and not only capturing it, but also letting it unfold through your pictures. I really enjoyed the candid shot by the Shrine and the picture of our vows among many other splendid pictures. Also, the picture of us kneeling before the Eucharist for the first time is priceless. He is our source for love and somehow you mysteriously captured that grace in our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Dan, you’re making me cry! Thank you so much for sharing your heart and for trusting me to tell the story of your wedding day. I’m so deeply honored and grateful for the opportunity!